Removing Shoe Odors With Baking Soda
Baking soda is more than just for baked goods and science experiments. Baking soda is a very effective way to remove many odors, and is very useful at removing foul, sweaty odors from shoes. While baking soda is not a substitute for foot powder, it is a convenient cleaning product to use when you store shoes in a cabinet for a short period of time. It’s also very easy to use:
- Use high-quality baking soda.
- Pour some baking soda on a bowl, and stir it to a fine powder. You should not see any lumps or chunks of baking soda.
- Dust your shoes with the fine powder. Make sure to also dust the insides of the shoe. Don’t worry about using too much baking soda; if your shoes are particularly stinky, use a lot of the stuff.
- Let the shoes stand for thirty minutes to an hour. The baking soda will absorb moisture and odors.
- Shake the shoes well to remove all the baking soda.
- For more shoe odor removal tips, see how to get rid of shoe odor.
Baking soda is a perfect multi-purpose deodorizer and cleaning tool. With baking soda, your shoes will keep smelling fresh and brand-new. If you know other uses of baking soda, read 75 extraordinary uses for baking soda.