Pine Sol: That’s The Power of Pine!
There’s more to household cleaning products than just Vim and Mr. Clean. Think about it, what can Mr. Clean do against real-life Pine Sol Lady, Diane Amos? Pine Sol is a popular brand of cleaning products invented by Harry Cole in the late 1920s. Unlike its lifelong competitors Vim and Mr. Clean, Pine Sol is a powerful anti-bacterial cleaning agent intended for non-porous surfaces. Don’t use Pine Sol on porous surfaces like hardwood or you’ll end up doing more repairing than cleaning.
Pine Sol cleaners are available in different scents:
- Pine Sol Lemon Fresh – Pine Sol Lemon cleaner leaves a long lasting, refreshing lemon scent, more than enough to convince anyone that their house is clean and protected. It’s great for use around the house.
- Orange Energy – Orange Energy cleaner cuts through grease and other kitchen stains. It leaves the house smelling like freshly peeled oranges. It’s perfect for use in the kitchen and bathroom.
- Mountain Energy – Mountain energy cleaner leaves your house smelling like the woods and the trees. This scent is great for use anywhere in the house.
- Lavender Clean – Lavender Clean cleaner removes mold odor and leaves the cleaned area with the sweet scent of lavender. It’s great for use in the bedroom.
- Sparkling Wave – Sparkling Wave cleaner literally brings the smell of the ocean breeze into your home. Use it around the house.
- Wild Flower – Wild Flower cleaner transforms any counter top into a hillside garden. It’s perfect for use in the kitchen and around the house.
To use Pine Sol, just pour ¼ cup of the detergent into a gallon of water. No rinsing is required, unless the surface doesn’t react particularly well to the detergent, in which case you might have to rinse it as soon as you apply the mixture. It is also advised that you test a small area before using Pine Sol on a painted surface. If you’re entertained in reading this article, you’ll surely be interested in learning how to choose a cleaning product and as an addition, read how to clean your house the green way.